1.7

Update by user Apr 02, 2016

please see my detailed review

Original review posted by user Apr 01, 2016

Yelp.com has a Big, Filthy, Disgusting Habit of Using People to write Reviews For Free and Profiting from the Reviews.

I can NOT believe that I am actually Writing A Negative Review On A Complaints Website called Yelp.com, but I Guess I Could Be The First One!

I was a Volunteer, Independent, Freelance Writer for Yelp.com, including other Much Better Social Media / Complaint Websites and do NOT have any problems with the others, except for this ONE since they are run and staffed by a Bunch Of Mean, Mafia Haters!

I was Never an employee of theirs, however, since I wrote over

300 Reviews, I felt that I was a Big Part Of The Yelp.com Family and so Yes, I considered myself an Executive Writer with Yelp.com (which is a title that I always give to myself when I have done some Heavy Duty Writing), however, that did NOT mean I worked for them, nor got paid from them and Never Said I Did because the answer is a Big NO!

Sadly, back on Wednesday, March 30, 2016, the very Mean, Angry Mafia Group Of Employees that work for Yelp.com have obviously Nothing Better To Do, but Gang Up On ME for NO Legitimate Reason and they just Make Stuff Up as an excuse to Close My Account!

Trust Me, Nothing Illegal Was Done, Nor Committed!

Sadly, once again, the Only Excuse that they used is the one that I have in the attachments that they emailed me just the other day in which I had mentioned before in a previous paragraph.

This to ME is NOT a Legitimate Reason to get rid of ME and what I do NOT understand is the FACT that Why Would They Let Me Write At Least 300 Plus Reviews without Getting Rid Of ME Any Sooner?

Strange!

Please NOTE: If You Wish To Contact Somebody From Yelp.com To Discuss Their Reasons For Closing Your Account And/Or To Appeal Their Decision, Then Good Luck because they have NO Phone Support, Period!

Please NOTE: They NEVER Reconsider Anybody, Nor Change Their Mind On Their Closing Your Account Decision!

Typically if You do Something Wrong, they tell you by email and then you have the Chance and Opportunity to Correct It. In my case, I only received Very Minor Complaints which were NOT major and I did Correct Them Since They Were All Fixable With No Penalties Applied, however, when You Are Dealing With A Bunch Of Angry, Jealous, Racist, Hateful People, there is virtually Nothing That You Can Do To Make Peace With Them.

Please NOTE: Their Employees Get Off At Closing Accounts!

Please NOTE: They Think That They Are Doing The World A Big Favor!

Furthermore, ALL of my Reviews are 100% Truthful and Honest, unlike the many Fake Reviews that Yelp.com does Nothing About!

Please NOTE: Not Only Does Yelp.com Have Fake Reviews, But They Also Allow Paid Outside Employees From Various Companies To Publish Fake Reviews and of course, Yelp.com Does Nothing About It Because They Profit By Charging These Companies For Advertising!

Yelp.com Definitely is ONE Big Ugly Mafia as well as being

Very Hypocritical, Judgmental and Biased and here is a very good example.

One of the reviews that somebody wrote had the F Word in it which is supposed to be considered a Violation, however, when I reported it, they responded by telling ME that it is acceptable in their member's review which is what I call *** Backwards, however, in my Case, when I do NOT use any Profanity and just write Truthful, Honest Reviews, they still decide Without Good Cause to Get Rid Of Me Like Trash!

Please NOTE: This is exactly the Second Time that I have experienced the Same Type Of Abuse coming from Yelp.com for doing Absolutely Nothing Wrong!

Not Only Did They Close My Account Twice For No Good Reasons, but they also

STEAL BACK MY REVIEWS that I wrote and it happens to be My Property that we are talking about.

Please NOTE: I did email them a Request to Please Return My Reviews Back To Me and so far, I have received NO RESPONSE!

Please NOTE: If I Do Not Get My Reviews From Both Accounts Returned Back To Me, then I Will Take Them To Small Claims Court!

For Your Information: The Reason Why I did create a 2nd Account is because I did NOT Commit A Crime and since I have NO Criminal Record, I feel that I have the Legal Right To Continue Writing Legitimate Reviews on their website.

Please NOTE: For Your Information...One of the ways that Yelp.com Makes Money is by Publishing Fake Reviews and Believe ME, there are plenty of them.

Please NOTE: Yelp.com also Makes Their Main Money by Contacting Companies and getting them to Advertise on their site.

What is really strange about their way of doing business is the Fact that the Writers/Reviewers are for the Most Part, the ones who are Posting The Company Profiles which include the company's name, address, phone number, website, etc. and so I do NOT understand of Why They Continue To Harass The Companies For Money To Supposedly Advertise due to the FACT that the companies being harassed are Already Listed and Published on Yelp.com and therefore Yelp.com does NOT have a Need For Their Money, nor to contact them since these companies are Already Listed for FREE!

However, Yelp.com is Desperate For Money and will do Whatever They Can to Stay Afloat and Alive.

Final Thoughts: Thankfully, They Are Not The Only Reviews Website Out There and All Of The Other Ones That I Volunteer For As Their Executive Writer "Treat Me With Respect And Dignity" in which Yelp.com Lacks!

Please Do Not Do Business With Yelp.com!

A Big Waste Of Time, Money And Energy!

There Are Much Better Reviews Websites Out There! Believe ME!

PS: Enclosed, in the attachments, please find two of the latest documents that Yelp.com sent to ME in regards to Illegally Closing My Account with a Poor Excuse for doing so for your reference and further review. Thank You.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "to either let me continue using the yelp.com website as a freelance, independent, volunteer writer and/or to return all of my reviews that they illegally stole!". The author is overall dissatisfied with Yelp and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about yelp website from Yelp was do not review any reviews automatically on their website, can remove you for any reason without telling you the truth and have no real member support and just rely on email , but reviewer liked that i can write reviews and have them published immediately. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Yelp.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Advertising category for more informed decision or compare Yelp to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Yelp?

Comments

Now you can buy or sell your website, domain, app at Martopolis.com

Yelp is a joke and serves no purpose.I was reading their responses to complaints at the BBB and they were very abrupt and lackadaisical in their 'business responses'.

It was like a very young immature person was responding or someone high. On one of the complaints, a gentleman was asking they remove libelous information about him, as he was not the owner of the restaurant in question and could prove it. Yelp's response was they were sorry, but they are not able to override their computer system.... SAY WHAT?

They have no control over their own computer system???

Who's in charge then?The computer??